Races in The White Pine Stampede
50 Kilometer Event
Join the thousands who have skied this event on professionally groomed trails which wind through the most picturesque landscape of northwestern Lower Michigan. The race ends at Summit Village at Shanty Creek.
20 Kilometer Event
The 20 kilometer event (12 miles) takes skiers over rolling hills and across fields, concluding at Summit Village at Shanty Creek.
10 Kilometer Timed Tour
Enjoy skiing the Roger Eschedor 10 kilometer timed tour (6 miles), finishing at Schuss Village at Shanty Creek.
Friday, January, 2014: Packet Pickup and new registration at Shanty Creek Resort (Lakeview Hotel) 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday, February 1, 2014: 7:30 am until your race start time new entries and packet pickup will be available at Mancelona High School. New entries and registration changes must be completed 45 minutes prior to the scheduled race start time.
Events on Race Day
- 9:30am - 50km classic & freestyle start
Pre-race meeting time 8:45am
- 10:30am - 20km classic & freestyle start
Pre-race meeting time 9:45am
- 11:30am - 10km tour classic & freestyle start
Pre-race meeting time 10:45am
- White Pine Stampede tee shirt, commemorative medal to each entrant.
- White Pine Stampede commemorative plaques are given to the top three finishers in the each classification.
- 50km and 20km men's and women's champions receive the traditional award together with a gift certificate for Shanty Creek.
- Skiers finishing the Stampede will receive a specially cast and registered medal to mark their accomplishment as they cross the finish line.
Awards Ceremony at the Summit Village, Shanty Creek
(Please note: No awards or times will be given to skiers without a bib number.)